July 30, 2009

Grandmother

Today was my Grandmother's funeral.
I officially have no more grandparents.
When I got there and saw all the people that were there for her, I was completely shocked. I guess after 21 years, I kinda just assumed she was all ours. Ours, as in my family. She was our grandmother, our mother, etc. Never once stopping to think she was so many things to so many other people. I thought to myself, "all of these people loved her."
I'm not saying that we had the closest relationship, but after knowing someone for 21 years, loving someone for 21 years, and expecting them to be there for 21 years (and more), it is very heartbreaking when they are no longer around. It really hurt me to see my siblings upset, and especially my father. My grandmother was all my father, aunts, and uncles have had for many, many years, and now she's gone. I know I don't understand the pain they are going through, because they have experienced things deeper than I know or will comprehend. All I can say is much love my my "Mama" and my family.

No comments: