April 24, 2010

Day 12--Whatever tickles your fancy









Regardless of its clarity, my Google countdown states that I have 13 days until GRADUATION and 23 days until I go to Philadelphia.

Although I don't have a job yet, the market for teachers doesn't really open until the current teachers get contracts. Some individuals don't get jobs until August. I'm not stressing it....yet.

PHILADELPHIA! I'm traveling as an "end of college" trip with a friend of mine who I've known since we were 13 years old. We traveled to Africa the summer before 8th grade, and have managed to keep a close bond. I'm excited to visit Philadelphia because I've never been and I know it will be a completely different culture. Both of us were raised in Columbia, although a relatively large city for South Carolina, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't a cultural hub with much diversity. I want to visit the historical monuments, but I ALWAYS like to visit local coffee shops, ethnic restaurants, and neighborhoods off the beaten path.

I'm also interested in attending UPenn or Temple University for Doctoral programs, so I'm anxious to see the campuses.

Countdown continues!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - I got to your blog via a Google Alert and I am thrilled that you're visiting Philadelphia! Since you like off-the-beaten path things, you should look at the blog www.uwishunu.com.

Have fun!

Tristan said...

Thanks! I'm going to check it out!