April 26, 2010

Day 14-- A non-fiction book

Somehow this posted ended up drafted, so now I'm late. I'm starting to feel obligated when it comes to meeting my "challenges," which is exactly what I wanted to avoid with my 365 Challenge. Nevertheless, it has been helpful. Somehow read that I was visiting Philadelphia and gave me a link that will be extremely helpful on my trip.

Anyway, non fiction.

Last summer (I need to read more), I read Random Family. It's about a Puerto Rican-American family living in New York City. Most of it speaks to the challenges of living in poverty, with a lack of education and a lack of money. The characters experience prison, the cycle of being a single mom, etc. Although rather long, it thoroughly discusses their lives, and you feel a connection with the family when you are finished reading.

No comments: