September 11, 2010

Dearest Heather.

A friend of mine is living in Ecuador as an English teacher, for the next year. We kinda sorta mentioned a little something about keeping each other updated on our new journeys through our blogs. She upheld her end of the deal thus far. I, on the other hand, have not posted since July 22. My apologies Heather.

School has been in session for about a month now, and I'm surprised at how well things are going. Of course, I'm striving for that unattainable perfection and still figuring things out as I go along. I have a great supportive and experience team by my side. There is more to learn than I could have ever imagined.

My complaints about my course load in college have come to fruition. No amount of credit hours or projects that seem pointless, can prepare you for what you experience in the classroom. There is a lot of "learn as you go" and "take initiative" type situations. Students really do look at you as if you know everything, and honestly, that's somewhat scary. Luckily my actual teaching experience is completely different from that of student teaching. I feel as if I'm actually learning and that my environment is structured to make me successful.

There's more and more and more, but I'll be sure to post more often so that Heather can be all up in the business.

No comments: