August 7, 2009

To quote Kanye

These past few months I have had a lot of free time, and during that free time you could probably catch me doing one of the following, possibly at the same time.
1. watching tv 2.on the internet (facebook, blogger, tumblr, nytimes, etc)3.playing SIMS, almost obsessively 3. laying on the couch.

I have actually spent so much time on the computer, that I've had to wear my glasses significantly more. Anyway. Point being I've been on the internet, reading blogs...A LOT....on A LOT of different things, but I've found that people LOVE to talk about LOVE. They enjoy talking about the idea of it, the presence of it, concretely, abstractly, etc etc blah blah. I like to say I'm idealistically realistic, and basically, people are going to come and go in your life, meaning you must prepare yourself for hellos and goodbyes. I've always been of the mindset that everything must come to an end. I repeat again, re-al-is-tic, not pessimistic. (I can't count on both of my hands how many times I've been told I would think differently if I'd actually ever been in love. I beg to differ.)

I've seen so many theories on love it makes my head spin. People want to know that there is someone out there that can relate to them, and by using a blog, there is the opportunity to find millions of people who can relate. I'm not putting down the idea/feeling of love or the consequential happenings, because emotions are a CRAZY thing. Nonetheless, with today's culture of instant and continuous communication, it allows everyone to voice their opinions...or feelings that is (for example...). And ultimately, I've become a sucker, reading it every time I get a chance.

All this heartache I've been reading about is summed up into what Kanye said, "we weren't meant to be, we just happened."

*insert my hypocritical realization, borderline face of shame here*
*shrug*

No comments: